Both the Preschool 3 and Pre-K 4 programs are designed for the young learner. Each class is staffed with caring, Lutheran teachers who love telling the children about Jesus every day.
Each program focus on the following:
- Beginning math and reading skills
- Pre-K 4 - Saxon Math K level and The Writing Road to Reading
- Preschool 3 - Junior Kindergarten, by Memoria Press, a classical core curriculum adapted for preschool learners
- Music and singing
- Listening skills
- Social skills, sharing and respect for one another
- Continued development of small and gross motor skills
Children entering the Preschool 3 program must be three years old by September 1st and be potty trained; and children entering the Pre-K 4 program must be four years old by September 1.
Both are 10-month programs - mid-August through May. Children wishing to attend year-round have the option to register for the summer program.
Preschool and Pre-K students are required to wear the school uniform purchased at Lands' End Uniforms.
Included in their schedules:
- Music class
- Library time
- Outdoor play
- P.E. with the Athletic Director
- Chapel (Preschool classes attend Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings; PreK classes attend every morning)
- Participation in programs throughout the year- Grandparents Day, Christmas, and End-of-Year
- Field trips to places such as the Butterfly Museum, Houston Children's Museum, Pumpkin and Christmas Tree Farms
- Seasonal themed activities to include - Dr. Seuss Day, Thanksgiving Feast, Polar Express Day