Welcome to the new summer reading challenges for the summer of 2020! The MLS summer reading program for students entering Kindergarten to 9th grade is designed to encourage a love of reading and to enhance our school's reading curriculum.
- It provides an opportunity for the students to continue to grow and develop into successful adult readers.
- This year’s summer reading will be a student challenge.
- It is not required although we would strongly encourage your child to try for at least one of the challenge rewards.
- Your child may choose to do as many challenges as he/she wants.
- Books that are read may count toward more than one challenge as long as they meet the criteria for all challenges.
- Forms to keep track of each challenge can be found below.
- Books should not be more than 2 years below your student’s grade level. (For example: a student going into grade 6 could read a book at level 4 or higher.)
- The grade level of a student is the grade that student is going into for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Students may not use any book that has been previously read either for a class or for personal reading.
- All students who complete a challenge will receive a certificate of achievement for each challenge met.
- All students who complete a challenge will be able to participate in a designated free dress day.
Picture Book Award Challenge Tracker (K to 3 only can choose this one)