Memorial Lutheran School offers a classical education to children Infant through the 9th grade. Memorial Lutheran School was established in 1980 as a ministry of Memorial Lutheran Church. We are a Classical Lutheran school, teaching children to love and be of service to their neighbor, and to become successful learners and effective leaders in the community.
We have added 9th grade for the 2020-2021 school year as the first step in our plan to offer a classical Lutheran high school.
Childcare is offered before and after school.
- Houston Area Independent Schools (HAIS, www.houstonprivateschools.org)
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB www.erblearn.org)
- National Junior Honor Society which is a program of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- National Junior Classical League, an organization for middle and high school students in classical courses (NJCL)
- Classical Latin School Association (CLSA), an association of elementary and secondary schools working to promote the transmission of the culture of the Christian West through the Classical Core Curriculum
- Our Infant, Toddler and Two-Year-Old programs are licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
A diverse community:
The Memorial Lutheran School student body represents many foreign nations to include Africa, Europe, Central and South America, Asia and the Middle East. The diversity of the many faiths is evident throughout our student body - only 16% of our students are Lutheran, with the remaining children being members of other church bodies and faiths.
We look forward to meeting you! Call to schedule a visit at 713.782.4022.
Memorial Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, loan programs, athletics, and other school-administered programs.
Theme and Bible verse for the 2019-2020 Academic Year:
Mane Nobiscum — "Abide with Us" (St. Luke 24:29) "But they urged Jesus strongly, saying, 'Stay with us'."
Hymn for the year:
"Lord Jesus Christ, with Us Abide" LSB 585
Contact the school office for information or to ask any questions!