Memorial Lutheran School offers classical education to children Infant through the 11th grade. Memorial Lutheran School was established in 1980 as a ministry of Memorial Lutheran Church. We are a Classical Lutheran school, teaching children to love and be of service to their neighbor, and to become successful learners and effective leaders in the community.
MLS added 9th grade for the 2020-2021 school year as the first step in our plan to offer a classical Lutheran high school.
- Consortium for Classical Lutheran Education (CCLE) - www.ccle.org
- National Lutheran Schools Accreditation (NLSA) - https://www.luthed.org/nlsa/
- Houston Area Independent Schools (HAIS) - www.houstonprivateschools.org
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB) - www.erblearn.org
- National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) - https://www.njhs.us/about/
- National Junior Classical League (NJCL) - https://www.njcl.org/
- Classical Latin School Association (CLSA) - https://classicallatin.org/training/staff/
- Our Infant, Toddler, and Two-Year-Old programs are licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
A diverse community:
The Memorial Lutheran School student body represents many foreign nations, including Africa, Europe, Central, and South America, Asia, and the Middle East. The diversity of the many faiths is evident throughout our student body - only 16% of our students are Lutheran, with the remaining children being members of other church bodies and faiths.
We look forward to meeting you! Call to schedule a visit at 713.782.4022.
Memorial Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, loan programs, athletics, and other school-administered programs.
Contact the school office for information or to ask any questions!