Chapel is an integral part of the schedule for the students, faculty and staff at Memorial Lutheran School. As a classical Lutheran school, we gather to receive the gifts of God, forgiveness of sins through the Word and Sacraments.
Although we serve a diverse student body, chapel is a regular portion of the school day in which students are expected to listen respectfully and participate.
Daily chapel (Preschool 3 to 8th Grade) is fundamental to the moral and spiritual formation that MLS seeks to impart to every student. This daily reception of the Word of God forms our entire community, and brings to mind for all students, faculty and staff the forgiveness of sins in Christ Jesus and daily service in love towards the neighbor.
Chapel services are regular services of the church. Parents and families are invited and welcome to all chapel services.
Children in Pre-K through 8th grade attend chapel at 8:45 a.m. every day. The full-dress uniform is to be worn on Wednesdays and other designated special days.
- Pre-School 3 attend Chapel Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Early Start children join the school for chapel:
- Early Start 2 classes attend chapel on Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:45 a.m.
- Early Start 1 classes attend chapel on Wednesdays at 8:45 a.m.
- Pastor Paul and MLC's Vicar visit the Infant classrooms on Wednesdays at 8:15 a.m.