Infant, Toddler and Two-Year-Old Class
Memorial Lutheran School's Infant/Toddler and Two-Year-Old Programs provide a warm, loving environment in which our teachers and staff promote a place to thrive emotionally, physically, and socially.
The Infant and Toddler program provides care for children 6 weeks to 23 months. The Two-Year-Year Old Class enrolls children who are 2 years old.
Parents may drop off as early as 7:30 a.m. The day ends at 3:30 p.m. Extended hours of 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. are available. The extended care form must be filled out.
Specifically, our classrooms provide:
- An individualized program is designed to help babies achieve new developmental milestones.
- The curriculum, designed by teachers, assists in every child's growth and development.
- Activities are planned that foster warm and caring teacher-to-child relationships.
- Painting, sensory recognition, music play and singing increase the babies' awareness of things around them.
- Teachers work on large and small motor development skills at each age-appropriate level.
- The babies hear about Jesus' love for them through weekly chapel and singing in their classrooms.
- Music and arts and crafts are part of their daily schedules.
- The toddlers have fun while improving their motor skills in our indoor and outdoor play areas.
- They learn to play along-side peers developing social awareness and sharing with others.
- Toddlers start to become more independent.
- Bible stories and singing are a part of each day.
- Memorial Lutheran School enrolls children who are two years old when school begins in mid-August.
- The teachers have a love for children and enjoy teaching these little ones with curriculum designed for the early learner.
- The curriculum introduces reading and math readiness and science and social studies.
- Outdoor play promotes physical, social and emotional growth.
- Chapel, music, art, library time, outdoor play, and P.E. are part of the weekly schedule.
- Bible stories and singing are part ot the children's daily schedule.
- Enrichment activities offered at an extra cost include Tippy Toes Dance, Gymnastics &Tumbling, and Soccer Shots (for older 2's and those who have turned 3)
The Infant/Toddler and Two-Year-Old programs are licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Brightwheel, a wonderful childcare/classroom application, is being used in both our infant and early start programs. Features of this program include child check-in and check-out, and consistent parent/teacher contact. Teachers can send messages, photos, and videos to each parent on a daily basis. It is easy to use! Parents simply download the app to a phone or tablet and set up their account once they are a part of our program.
Mrs. Tiffanie Conchola, Director of Early Childhood